- Revising marketing collateral to integrate new messaging.
- Creating an operations process manual.
- Establishing dashboards to monitor the metrics of a business.
- Moving to a new office location.
- Developing a customer retention program.
What can businesses learn from this series? Most business undertake many projects. And for the most part, these projects are managed sub-optimally, or even poorly. Projects are typically undertaken in an ad hoc fashion, where the project leader, if one has been appointed, uses their own individual experience to guide the employees. Many of these projects fail, and many projects that are completed could have been executed more efficiently, with less stress and conflict, and could have achieved a better result.